Crossplay is cosplay in which the person dresses up as a character of the opposite gender. Crossplay’s origins lie in the anime convention circuit, though, like cosplay, it has not remained exclusive to the genre. As the name implies, crossplay is a portmanteau of crossdressing and cosplay.
The term cross-dressing denotes an action or a behavior without attributing or proposing causes for that behavior. Some people automatically connect cross-dressing behavior to transgender identity or sexual, fetishist, and homosexual behavior, but the term cross-dressing itself does not imply any motives.
However, referring to a person as a cross-dresser suggests that their cross-dressing behavior is habitual and may be taken to mean that the person identifies as transgendered. The term cross-dresser should therefore be used with care to avoid causing misunderstanding or offense.
Men, have you ever tried dressing as a woman? Try these few steps:
- First make sure that you would like to cross dress, and that you’re okay with doing it.
- Find a female friend who is open to helping you.
- Think through your options of how you want to dress up. Do you want to dress casually, fancy, slutty, or provocatively?
- Once you’ve made a decision, get a hold of your female friend and take her out with you to shop.
- Go to any store. If you’re nervous, find a store that doesn’t have clerks at the try-on rooms.
- Make sure to buy a bra and some panties somewhere, or get one from a girl. It is always fun to go get fitted at Victoria’s secret.
- You will need to “stuff” your bra and panties. Put something in the bra’s cups and seat of the panties. Try to make your body look like a female’s.
- Try on any and every kind of clothes your heart desires to find your style.
- Once you’ve selected some clothes, make sure to look at shoes. what girl doesn’t love shoes?
- Go buy some makeup, this is especially important to have a female friend with you.
- Once you have everything bought, go somewhere and with the help of your friend, put it all together.
As for the tips:
- This is best to do at Halloween, then you don’t get as many stares.
- It is best to get a girl to help.
- Try and figure out an effective way to hide your manliness,and certain manly parts.
- Chances are that it will take you quite awhile to get actually passable, so practice a lot.
- Involve others! If you are going out and are shy about wearing your clothes then go with a friend or meet up with them before the outing. Your friends will be there to support you, don’t feel shy about going to them if you feel uncomfortable at any point.
- Just because you are cross dressing does not mean you have to force yourself to be the stereotype, only wear what you like. You don’t always have to cross dress don’t feel pressured to do anything you don’t want to.
- Enjoy yourself!
Things you need are:
- Female underwear
- If you don’t have long hair-a wig, or a feminine style to your hair
- Do not try and overdo things.
- Do not rush the preparation process.
- Be aware that if you are successful, people may actually mistake you for a member of the opposite sex. Be prepared to get wolf whistles from those you wouldn’t normally expect to!
- People may try to put you down for this, but don’t worry! If this is who you really are, then it shouldn’t matter what other people say.
Some anime’s cross-dressing pictures:
Yes, I do realize most of them are Lelouch but he looks good in dress, isn’t it?
*Saw some tomatoes flying towards self*
Guess I should hide myself for the moment. See you next time~!