We’ve had a lot of good times together: Late nights watching Conan O’Brien, picnics in the park, sneaking you into the theater. You were there for me during my worst snack attacks. When I found you, so calm and collected in the middle of an bustling Asian grocer, I picked you up and carried you home. I love you Pocky.
– Asian Food Grocer (2009)
Just a moment ago, I was googling about pocky and found this drooling recipe in the website so I thought about posting it here to share the love I have for pocky.
Here’s how to make 12 Strawberry Pocky cupcakes for your next barbecue or birthday party.
- 10 tablespoons butter, room temperature
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon strawberry extract
- 1 3/4 cups self-rising flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh strawberries, drained
- Strawberry frosting
- 12 fresh strawberries for decoration
- Strawberry Pocky (Original Strawberry Pocky, Strawberry Pocky Bits, or Giant Strawberry Pocky)
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Grease 12 cupcake pan cups or line with paper liners.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs one at a time, then stir in the strawberry extract. Combine the self-rising flour and salt; stir into the batter just until blended. Fold in the strawberries. Spoon the batter into the prepared cups and divide evenly.
- Bake until the tops spring back when lightly pressed, approximately 20 to 25 minutes. Cool in the pan set over a wire rack. When the cupcakes are cool, frost with desired strawberry frosting.
- When cupcakes are ready to serve, slice the strawberries and fan them over the cupcake as shown. Then, break one Strawberry Pocky stick in half and poke each stick into the cupcake.
Now it’s time to get creative with your cupcakes. Sprinkle coconut flakes or red candy over the top. Strawberry addicts can wash these cupcakes down with a bottle of Strawberry Ramune soda.
(Taken from Asian Food Grocer)